May 12, 2014

Fête Des Mères - Week 90

Hi mom! I just talked to you for over an hour yesterday, so I don't know if I have too much to say. Sushi night was good, and we came home with a ton of fresh salmon that we didn't end up eating. Not bad! It just so happens that we love salmon.

(editor's note: Trevor and his companion had dinner on Sunday at the bishop's home, along with two other young couples, so it was a house full of vibrant children and we could hear all of them during our Skype call! He and his companion made sushi rolls for everyone. He said he is getting pretty good.)

Well, I guess I could start off with last Thursday. Elder Price came in from Versailles to do an exchange with me in Lille, and we had an awesome time. He came to Lille when he was a little sophomore in high school and stayed with a family for three weeks. He hadn't seen them since, so when we found out he was coming to Lille for a day, we decided to go pay the family a visit. They lived in a NICE area, and they were super sweet. They let us in, gave us drinks and chocolate, and talked to us for a while about memories of Elder Price as a 16 year-old. 

Saturday was a packed day, and we started off by helping some members move. We've helped three families move in the last five weeks ... I've never done so much service in my whole mission, but it's fun. It started pouring rain right when we started, which was kind of a bummer for the people who were moving. We may have gotten mud and water all over their new house and their furniture, but we got everything moved in good time. Right after that was a ward baptism, followed by a barbecue. The downpour stopped right before the barbecue though, so we cooked and ate a variety of meats in some pretty nice weather. 

We went to Belgium again to teach our favorite 9 year-old, "M". It's funny to see exactly how defined the cultural border is between Belgium and France. We could knock on a door three blocks from the border of Belgium, and people will all still say French words in the French way. If we were to take a three minute bus across the border and knock on another door in Belgium, the people would talk just as all Belge people do. If only all the rain from Belgium would respect the border and not creep into Lille and dump on us. It's rained for three weeks straight and remember my wore out shoes? Well, both pairs of my shoes have cracks in them. I don't like wet feet

And that's what I've got for you this week! It's official: now I really am an old missionary. I've already had my last birthday, last general conference, last Christmas, and now my last Skype call.

Later, skater

Elder Wilson